Water softner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the mains feed around the house is 15mm. However it comes in at 32. It then goes to my water softner before going around the house. I've got a split for the kitchen tap so that is hard

My question is would the be any benefit going 22mm to the water as softner even though it would go back to 15mm. Would I notice much difference

Sponsored Links
the water softener may have small-bore flexible hoses and valves. These contrict the flow. You can order large-bore ones, which will help. They are more expensive if ordered later as an accesory.

If you have an unvented cylinder or a combi boiler (you don't say) it is sensible to run 22mm pipe to them, and on to the bath tap if you have a cylinder.

You can also come off the softener in large bore, and run separate pipes to the hot and the cold plumbing.

These steps will reduce the effect of another tap causing temperature fluctuations when you are in the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back