Water starts coming out of down stairs tap when turn on upstairs tap advice needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if any one can help me. I live in a rented house. I went to run my children a bath tonight I turned on hot tap and heard a screeching sound coming from kitchen downstairs and the sound of water.
I went down stairs to check and the hot tap in kitchen was screeching and water was coming out of hot tap even though it was turned off.
When I turn off bath hot tap up stairs hot kitchen tap down stairs stops screeching and water stops coming out. But as soon as I turn bath tap back on kitchen tap starts screeching again and water comes out again.
What could be the problems. And how can I fix. It seem very odd.

I don't know if it is relevent but thought I should mention we have had some problems with heating system loosing pressure. It was fixed but a month ago we had boiler serviced and day after boiler lost pressure and had to be re pressurized.

We have a combi solar power boiler. Dont know if this helps

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Bath and sink taps in bathroom upstairs are mixer taps. We have a second bathroom \wetroom downstairs that has small sink that has mixer tap. Kitchen sink has 2 separate taps. Hope this helps thanks again.

I came to this forum to try and get help and all I get is abuse and name calling which I find offensive. I know it sounds an almost impossible problem but it is happening and just wanted advice as to how to fix problem. I would have been more than happy to record a video and upload to YouTube so you can see what is happening for you self if you had asked but instead I just get called names.

Well I Wont be using this forum again

Sponsored Links
I just happened to mention that in my opinion I feel that the OP is a troll.

Is your landlord called Karen by any chance?

Not random at all.

She installs solar panels at her properties.

But does not do any maintenance!

You have a faulty tap, the one that screeches and runs when off. I came across this scenario once only and that was about two months ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back