Water supply goes to bathroom first, kitchen last-Problem??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Bought a 1930s detached house in need of some renovation and after sorting out the many leaks, damp and external problems have turned my attention to plumbing, electrics etc.

Apart from having to replace a lead supply pipe (another post methinks), I seem to have a somewhat odd piping system and wonder if it is OK to leave it, make minor adjustments or whether it should be rerouted???

Basically, lead supply pipe comes in next to front door and then after stop cock next to front door links to a 15mm copper pipe which goes vertical straight to feed various utilities in bathroom at front of house. This then runs to back of house before dropping down in to the kitchen to feed Combi boiler, sinks, washing machine etc (there is then an extension to a downstairs toilet at the end).

So basically question is, apart from replacing lead supply pipe, should I just live with this original set up?? Is the initial 15mm pipe sufficient?? Water pressure doesn't seem a problem, although hot water in bathroom is a bit sluggish.

Sorry if this sounds bit obvious, but not a techy!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.

Steve[/list]

Sponsored Links
To be honest I'm certainly wedded to your idea, just wanted to make sure I'm not missing a massive howler that I should correct whilst house is empty, floorboards up etc.

Certainly don't want to spend money correcting something, that whilst it may be unorthodox, has worked for 90 years!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks ever so much for the replies, it really is appreciated and has put my mind at rest.

Just need to get that lead supply pipe replaced (hope that's not a mammoth job with regards hassle with Southern Water and ££££s).

I knew I'd get some great responses on here as even though I've only been a lurker I've picked up so much from all the decent DIYers on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back