Water supply through footing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to pour my footings next week and run a new water feed from the meter to the house at the same time. The most direct route will result in it running through the footing. Te plan was to lay a 110 waste pipe in the ground the full distance as a duct to ease any potential future replacement. Is there any reason why having a pipe run across a footing would be an issue for the BCO when they inspect the trench?

Sponsored Links
When I had my footings done, I was told by the BCO to cover my water pipe in a split 110 waste pipe and to seal the ends with clay just in case there was any movement in the footings.

Is there any reason why having a pipe run across a footing would be an issue for the BCO when they inspect the trench?
No. If it passes through the conc' then just sleeve it (as said). It can easily be bridged with masonry. Cover it with soft building sand where it passes through granular material.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back