Water tank container not filling up, no bath

Before fitting which stopcock do I switch off one in kitchen sink cabinet or one that leads to the tank.

Sponsored Links
Incoming water main unless there is a stop valve on the pipe leading to the ballvalve

Incoming water main unless there is a stop valve on the pipe leading to the ballvalve

There is a stop valve on the pipe leading to ballvalve,

It seems quite tricky to fit new one because tank has jacket and almost up against the ceiling as you can see from photo. I will have to remove the insulated jacket and top lid before fitting new one. Also it's high up so stand on chair to do it.

Anybody suggest anything else

Sponsored Links
Just make sure that:

1. You have isolated the water supply - depress the ball valve to ensure that there is no water flow.
2. Make sure that you have all the parts needed to complete the job.
3. You have the right tools.
4. You are working safely.

Just make sure that:

1. You have isolated the water supply - depress the ball valve to ensure that there is no water flow.
2. Make sure that you have all the parts needed to complete the job.
3. You have the right tools.
4. You are working safely.

Or get a plumber to do it! :sneaky:

Think I will.

Stocpcock close to water tank container is too stiff to move, I tried. I did managed to have a shower just now, don't think the Mrs person will have a full one.

Anyway thanks all, I found my local housing office and they will send someone today or tomorrow

2 lads working on it now. I bought the stuff anyway incase.
Btw it's a private flat. Couple of weeks ago most in block experienced low pressure issue and they had to come and open up pavements to get to water supply.

Hope these guys if they charge will not be too big, let's see

One I bought as suggested is wrong size, the two guys could have installed it but wrong size. Now they putting back the original one after cleaning it.

Let's see. I will return the one I bought from screwfix tomorrow but near future I will probably replace it anyway. I will just get the size before hey leave.

That is a part 2 valve, the correct valve for your tank.

Have they cleaned your old valve out and fitted a new washer?
Is it filling now?

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back