Water tank leak

An enclosure wouldn't be a bad idea. But they need support too. Their entire weight looks like it is being born by the cistern.

I would put two clips on each pipe on the loft floor, then at least one clip each on the vertical, then another one each on the horizontal part of the platform.

Sponsored Links
An enclosure wouldn't be a bad idea. But they need support too. Their entire weight looks like it is being born by the cistern.

I would put two clips on each pipe on the loft floor, then at least one clip each on the vertical, then another one each on the horizontal part of the platform.

How do the last two clips you mention differ from the 'two clips on each pipe on the loft floor'?

Sponsored Links
The plumber has finished the job and I thought I'd post a pic of the end result.

Testleak5.JPG

Fitting the mumsen rings looks a little trickier now. the new (square) tank goes right to edge of the platform so no possiblity of securing at that point. Also the vertical sections are now sloped from the vertical and a few inches away from the platform. Looks like I'll have to make some sort of wooden enclosure along with fitting the one or two mumsen rings that are fitable.

I'm sure with a combination of some timber battens on the front face/legs of platform, some munsens on extension and some copper saddle pipe clips, you could build in a fair bit of support for those pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back