Water Tank on Combi System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a 1 bed flat and there is a Potterton 80 Combi boiler fitted. For some reason, whoever fitted it did not remove a cold water tank located above and the bath, toilet and bathroom sink run off of this tank while the kitchen sink is straight from the mains (and a lot higher pressure). Is there any reason the tank would have been left other than for cost/time saving?

Secondly, (and this one is quite important as I'm looking to fit a shower), is it possible that the hot water out pressure on the boiler has been turned down to compensate for the low pressure on the cold tap? (coming from a house with a boosted shower mixer I'm very keen to make aure I get at least half decent pressure on my shower as I know pumps cannot be used on combi systems)

Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm keen to get rid of the tank to make some more storage space!!

Thanks,

James

Sponsored Links
They did not change the cold water to direct lazy wotsits they are

I would get a plumber in to change that, whack a combi friendly shower on and Robert is yer mothers brother ;)

I would charge about 100 plus vat ( hadly any mats dont forget to change the ballvale cone in the loo thou)

Thanks CorgiMan.

I think me and my Dad will be going this one alone, but thanks a lot for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back