Water Tank Overflow HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I woke up to the following problem today. Water is constantly coming down my roof from what I imagine is the overflow of the tank in the attic. The pipes in the airing cupboard where our immersion heater etc is making noise like when a toilet cistern is filling. I saw 3 taps and have now turned off the middle big one which has stopped the noise and the overflow outside.
Taps are still running ok in sinks so not sure if I cut off all weater supply or maybe just to the immersion heater.
Dont think Ill be able to leave the tap in airing cupboard off indefinatly, does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and how to combat it?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sponsored Links
You need to go into the loft and check that the ball valves are operating correctly,ie shutting off the fill to the tank when the correct level is reached.Turn on the valves that you previously turned off b4 checking in loft.More than likely to be a ball valve fault and easy diy fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back