Water temperature increase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an ariston class he evo boiler the water temperature is set to 60 Wich is rubbish for a bath is there a way of increase it as I'm assuming it's set at that when it was installed I've tried increasing it with the dial but it will not go above 60 any ideas?

Attachments

• 16038109155194009483808710634265.jpg
    16038109155194009483808710634265.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 180
Sponsored Links
It can't be set higher than that, it's a safety feature.
60C water will cause severe burns in a few seconds. Far too hot for a bath.

The water doesn't even go above 28 degrees when the bath is run. This is the only boiler I've ever had that's set so low :(

What happens if you only open the tap half way ? Does reducing the flow rate increase the temperature ?

Sponsored Links
Reduce the flow rate by closing the bath tap, is the hot water hot enough at the taps but not the bath tap ? If so back to the first sentance.

To check it properly you measure the flow rate at the tap, then take the cold water temperature then the hot.
Gas rate the boiler and thus would indicate the problem. There might not be one, it's possible that the boiler is doing its best.

Many a time when employed by a boiler manufacturer I would go to a boiler where the complaint was that the hot water was not hot enough.

I'd measure the cold temp measure the hot temp ...point out the temperature rise in the book and say " you can see madam the boiler is doing exactly what it's designed to do " Inside I'd think .....that's crap !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back