Water through air bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There was a sewage collapse near our house and the back flow caused water come out of the manhole. The waste water under the suspended floor through the air bricks. The sewage company cleaned & disinfected all the outside and but there is some sewer water under the floor. I dont have access to the gap. House is a mix of wooden and solid floor. What is the best way to get it cleaned without ripping all the floor apart? Appreciate any tips.

Sponsored Links
Do you seriously believe no floors have to come up?

Do you have home insurance?

What is the best way to get it cleaned without ripping all the floor apart?

Have you mentioned this underfloor contamination to the water company ? I believe they are responsible for removal of all contamination caused by a failed sewer.

Sewage company said they cant access the floor and asked me to sort it out with home insurance, which I have. They said we will pay the home insurance company and I wont lose my no claims. But my insurance company is asking me to sort it out with water company. They are both pushing me towards each other and I am not sure what to do.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a court case with the sewage company, though they'd probably give in well before that.

Why do they say they can't access the floor? Have you refused permission?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back