Water won't stop running through new shower (electric)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just fitted a Galaxy G7000 8.5 kW shower as a direct replacement for the old one.

On restoring the water supply, water will constantly flow through the hose, despite what setting the controls are on.

Electric supply has not been turned on yet.

There is no solenoid in this shower.

Manufacturer think it is something to do with the flow valve. Have tried to swap it for the old one, but slightly different shape.

I intended to get the manufacturer to send me a new shower, but they think I can resolve this myself. I haven't yet. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It's under warranty, if you start fiddling with it you'll invalidate the warranty, get them out to it

I was told the solenoid was only in the G7000S model, which they don't make now.

It looks to me that there isn't one in the G7000, but there is in the G7000S.

Sponsored Links
sorry didn't read it properly my fault.

yes you are correct the 7000s has a solenoid coil that controls water flow.
the 7000 has the solenoid casing but no solenoid coil, what controls the water flow on this model is the flow valve.

so if the dial is set to stop and water flows then the flow valve is not shutting fully.

Is there something I have failed to set up correctly, or is this a faulty shower?

Nothing really to set up.
All you can do is turn it fully to stop if it still flows then it has a fault.

does it not slow down at all ?

The flow is much stronger when the bottom temperature dial is set towards cold.

Turning the top dial (off, cold, hot, hotter) does not make any difference to the flow.

I DO BELIEVE I'VE SOLVED IT.

The temperature dial on the front evidently wasn't aligned with the spindle, there are many positions the dial can sit on the spindle.

Thanks for the hint seco.

The flow is much stronger when the bottom temperature dial is set towards cold.
And reduces as its turned towards hot.

Turning the top dial (off, cold, hot, hotter) does not make any difference to the flow.

right as this only controls what heating elements are on
ie none. one or two.

does it not slow down at all ?

The temperature dial on the front evidently wasn't aligned with the spindle

Glad it's sorted
thats the point i was heading to. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back