Waterless waste Scottish bylaw question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just had a shower wetroom former fitted and it’s connected to the main soil/vent stack by a waterless waste so no water trap,now before it goes outside it also has the basin waste tee’d into it, tried calling Scottish water but have to send an email in and it could take a while to get an answer, so thought to ask on here, reason for asking if the shower temp is turned down (Combi)so more flow, the floor fills up with water, pop this waterless seal out and the water runs away so asking on here if up to regs ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes they can be used and the regs allow them but there may not be enough pressure (head) from the former outlet below the floor level to open the internal membrane enough to deal with the flow rate from the shower, what make of trap is it and what's the fall on the waste pipe? I take it the former drain doesn't have it's own trap? Can you not use another type?

Thanks for the reply, it’s already been fitted and when shower temp is turned down I get more flow so the waste can’t cope and floor starts to fill up,it seems to be a “Purus minimal 50” spec says “so at a loss now
  • Flow rate 48 litres per minute, according to EN 1253

Can only find the Minimax 50 gully with NOOD water trap, is it that one?? It isn't actually waterless, it has a dip tube that traps water below it but that doesn't matter really. If it wont drain quickly enough I'd be looking at how it's been setup, fall of the waste etc. If it's all new though then time to get the installers back in, it's for them to sort out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back