Waterproof connector to splice mains wires together?

11 Sep 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I need to replace an outdoor security light - the mains wire from the existing one goes through a small hole in the outbuilding that the light is mounted on. As the new light has a relatively short wire (about 3 feet) I need to cut the mains wire from the old one (about 15 feet long) and splice in the new.

As it's an outbuilding (so likely to get damp in winter) I want to splice the wires together using some kind of waterproof enclosure - preferably of a type where the stripped wire ends are simply inserted and screwed in place.

I can't even remember what a none-waterproof connector is called, let alone a waterproof one!

Would need to accomodate live, neuteral and earth wires of course.

Any suggestions please?
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local