Waterproof velcro cable protection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am not sure where to post this. In electrical, General...

I am looking for a replacement for a rubber cable "protection". This rubber sleeve is sitting around the cable length adapter on a throttle cable on my Breva 1100. The rubber sleeve has degraded and pretty much perished. I thought I would be clever and bought a bicycle cable protection. I then proceded to take the bike apart, i.e. tank off, air filter box out, head light out, only to then discover that around the engine Moto Guzzi had put mega thick rubber sleeves around this throttle cable to protect against the heat that my new adapter protection would never slip up to where I need it.

Now I thought I should be able to find a cable sleeve that be velcroed or clipped around it. The length I need is about 6 cm, but if I need to trim it down, that would be o.k. too.

Does anyone know if I can get such a cable protection?
P9143929_1.jpg

Sponsored Links
A bit of inner tube and some cable ties?
It sounds as if you are reluctant to undo the cable and slip something on

I am not reluctant at all. I had the old throttle cable free once the bike was apart, but the only way to feed anything over is from the trottle body upwards and that only becomes visible when everything is off. While the adapter - for which I wanted the replacement - is only about 6mm in diameter the parts under the airbox are twice that. So my little tiny replacement would not stretch enough to go up.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Back