Waterproofing cuts and corners on aquapanel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm doing an ensuite shower. I have fixed Wickens aquapanel to the walls where the shower cubicle will be.

I am concerned about openings in the aquapanel for the shower pipes and the corners where the aquapanel boards meet.

There will be some mosaic tiles and a power shower so I'm wondering if I should use some form of tanking product in these vulnerable areas.

Can anybody recommend how to proceed?

I'm planning to use BAL Single Part Flexible adhesive and a BAL grout if that is relevant.

Knauf recommend just taping where the board meets but that strikes me as only dealing with strength rather than water-resistance.

Would be interested in how others have dealt with this.

Cheers!

EDIT:- The shower-tray will have upstands so I'm only really concerned with the gap where the boards meet and where cuts have been made in the board for services.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have a wet room and where the pipes came through I just sealed with good quality sealent before tiling. The one I used was a product called CT-1....amazing stuff and sets under water if need be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back