WBA or PVA ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, has anyone skimmed/bonded over painted internal roughcast Walls? Should I Use bonding agent or PVA?

Sponsored Links
Due to grip surface area you'd probably get by with PVA, but technically WBA would be better.

Thanks for that. I know it'll be more cost, but hey ho, peace of mind and all that.

As joe says, you may have enough of a physical key anyway. I would advise making sure any loose stuff is taken off first, and you may have a couple of high spots that need taking back.

Suction is more of an issue if you have a good existing key

Sponsored Links
gonna give the walls the once over with a floor scraper, then probably get some wickes stuff. Ive heard blue grit and plasprime are pretty good and work out about £5 dearer than wickes stuff. The thistle stuff ive seen for £50 a tub, so bit too pricey

gonna give the walls the once over with a floor scraper, then probably get some wickes stuff. Ive heard blue grit and plasprime are pretty good and work out about £5 dearer than wickes stuff. The thistle stuff ive seen for £50 a tub, so bit too pricey

Think I seen in the latest tradepoint catalogue that bond it was around the £37 mark. Not too bad but WBA still a lot cheaper

Are you doing this job yourself FTurk, or you getting someone in?

Be doing it myself. Have 3 bedrooms to do, one has wallpaper but I can only assume that will be the same finish when I strip it off. I have looked into the WBA V PVA question and find more people use bonding agent and say it ultimately gives a better base, less cracking, more chance of staying on etc. I do realise that it is used mainly for iffy backgrounds, but as a novice, I think I would prefer to use it even though it will cost more IMHO. I also have a hell of a lot of artex ceilings to do and am looking into overboarding costs V buying a load of bondong agent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back