Wbp ply just short in wetroom- how to fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Planning to create a wet room (1350mm x 2550mm). Annoyingly the wbp ply sizes seem to be 1220 x 2440 so we can't do it with one sheet. Which is better - fit a thin strip round the edge (with noggins if necessary) where there will be less load on the tile, or just fit smaller even sized pieces?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok, we'll I've just searched marine ply sizes and they're the same dimensions, so the question still applies. Thanks.

I would use the small strip on the edge as there would be less water there than in the centre. Also less weight as you will be more in the centre of the room. Don't forget to use water proof glue.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that makes sense.

Incidentally why not wbp? I was planning to use marine ply but have read elsewhere on this forum that wbp is appropriate (and cheaper). Thanks.

WBP is about the adhesive or the glue used to make the ply meaning it is water boil proof thus WBP

No wood is actually waterproof and thats where you use the tanking,the Ply will give you a solid base

Noggings will have to be used where ever necessary and on all joints to stop movement

So if I use tanking as planned, is WBP merely adequate, whereas marine is best possible?

WBP is adequate, but Marine is best. Lets face it like everything...it will leak in the end.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back