WC Doughnut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having replaced the siphon on a close coupled wc, the doughnut was totally distorted. The problem is that the “universal” type you get from the likes of b&q are to thick, so the cistern sits to high and naturally when you flush (because the end of the siphon only goes into the pan a few mm) more water ends up on the floor than in the pan. Any ideas where I can get a thinner doughnut?

Sponsored Links
Cheers Kev, the problem with tightening the wing nuts up more is that it then bends the coupling plate right down to the pan and still does not bring the cistern down enough

Try a 'proper' plumbers merchants. B & Q stuff never seems to fit anything normal :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
isnt there two types of doughnuts, try the sponge type 1.

gas4you said:
Try a 'proper' plumbers merchants. B & Q stuff never seems to fit anything normal :rolleyes:

How right you are.... any ideas whos open on Sunday?

jay1 said:
isnt there two types of doughnuts, try the sponge type 1.

perfect, its for sure the sponge type, where can i get this type today?

jay1 said:
klps said:
gas4you said:

How right you are.... any ideas whos open on Sunday?

depends where you are located.

Luton, Beds. Tried; plumb centre, city plumbing, and gibbs and dandy all closed. screwfix..no chance.

if you wer in london i could have spoken to my cousin, he has a plumbing electrical shop.

Put the dam thing together properly and it won't leak :LOL:

Fit the doughnut over the big nut flat side up, then seat the cistern on the pan and make sure the doughnut is centralised.

And before you do all that fill the cistern up with water and make sure the syphon is waterproof.

there are actually 5 types of doughnut washer the thinest being an ideal standard washer and make sure you tighten as much as you can and please please dont got to b&q for anything EVER!!!!!they dont have a clue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back