WDH-101B Dehumidifier not as efficient as before

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I have had the above for about 7 years now and has been perfectly reliable. Lately, I have noticed it doesn't seem to be as great at pumping the water out as before and also runs a lot more quietly. It is still extracting water into the tank, just not as much from an overnight spell given all other conditions are roughly the same (windows & doors closed, filters cleaned, no miraculous improvement in the house's ventilation).

I did buy it used, so I'm not going to bother going down the professional servicing route as it may be too expensive. Is there any recommended DIY servicing I should carry out on it? Clean some interior parts, lube some moving parts?

To be honest, I'm chuffed it has lasted this long!

Sponsored Links
Had this happen to mine, it's probably blocked up with dust. Take off any filters, clean these, and while the filters are off try blowing air backwards through the unit. If a load of dust comes out then it's likely the evaporator and condenser are covered in it - you might also see the grey dust if you look inside. If you have access to an airline, blow away as much as possible from the inside (warning - very messy, do it outside!). Mine worked (almost...) as good as new after this, so I now do it every few years.

Nick

You can try, but I had another unit that was not designed to be taken apart - all the wires between the controls and main unit were soldered in-situ, and the plumbing that carries the coolant gas was brazed around holes in the plastic case. This was a cheap unit, it may be easier on your unit. I'd try the airline trick first, if that doesn't fix it go for opening it up. Of course it could be an actual leak of coolant, in which case it's off to the local recycling centre I'm afraid :(

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the advice!
Hey, old thread, but don't suppose you still have that WDH-101B Dehumidifier do you?
Or more importantly, the manual?!? I didn't get mine new, so it came with a wonky wheel instead of a manual!

I want to find out if it is designed to take a hose outlet to be able to run it for longer spells than the (small-ish) tank allows?
(Got a pretty shocking damp problem and it's filling tank up super quick!

Any help greatfully received!

Many thanks :giggle:
Levi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back