Weak flush: Should I replace toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tenant is complaining about dodgy flush on the toilet. Called the plumber round and he said flush did seem a bit weak but no obvious faults. I noticed when it was installed it didn't seem that great to be honest. It was some no-name brand chosen by the people who did the bathroom.

He said he can remove the cistern and fit a replacement flush valve and a new inlet valve for £165 which he said 'may improve things'.

It's an elderly lady who's a good tenant and I would like to sort this permanently so I'm wondering if I should just get the whole toilet replaced, if so, which one should I specify?

Many thanks,
S.

Sponsored Links
The Wickes Portland flushes very well and it's £48. They're often a bit wonky though - made in a hurry in slightly dodgy moulds I think - so it depends how important looks are to you

The Wickes Portland flushes very well and it's £48. They're often a bit wonky though - made in a hurry in slightly dodgy moulds I think - so it depends how important looks are to you

The last Wickes one I got was rubbish. It had a flush that although powerful bunny-hopped the bit of porcelain just in front of the exit, exactly where some 'forward-sitting' people put their do-dos. Problem is you can't exactly take it back when you figure this out, so I don't want to take any risks!

Sponsored Links
Well in that case, I know the Twyford Galerie and Kohler Patio are both good quality toilets with a powerful flush - fitted these for my parents and even number 2s only need a short flush most of the time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back