Weather compensator location & Viessmann or Ideal?

If you've had 4 quotes already you've already wasted enough tradesmen's time.

How many do you expect to have when the profit on your job is a few hundred quid?

Would you make a trip of (say) 30 miles, spend an hour with a complete stranger, drive back, spend an hour writing it up, put a stamp on it, all for a 20% chance of winning the work? Better get real, it would be more profitable flipping burgers in McDs.

To answer your question, in my opinion the Ideal Logic is a very cheap boiler made by a failing company with a lamentable reputation. It could be that this cheapo unit turns out to be the dog with two *icks, but history would suggest it is a gamble. I would personally like Ideal to be successful, but they have an awful lot of ground to cover. Coming out with the cheapest boiler isn't normally the best place to start.

Anyone not planning to do a Powerflush is a chancer, the Viessmann WB1B is a quality product. Unfortunately for Ideal, if you sell the cheapest boiler it is going to be used on the fastest installations. And the fastest installs are usually the ones that give least customer satisfaction and longevity.

Sponsored Links
Ideal are along the same lines as the tatty B&Q brands.

iv only ever had problems with veissmann, logic seems excellent no problem in over 16 months not one. iv fitted more than 30 by the way.

funny that seems the other way round for me. have to admit the old WB1A was a dog. but the WB1B is a good boiler. out of the 2 warrenty call outs iv done on the WB1B it been due installation error. as for ideal dont get me started. especially as i told an oap the other day her heat ex is knackered and would cost over £300 part alone. least viessmann give ten years on theres.

Sponsored Links
iv only ever had problems with veissmann, logic seems excellent no problem in over 16 months not one. iv fitted more than 30 by the way.

funny that seems the other way round for me. have to admit the old WB1A was a dog. but the WB1B is a good boiler. out of the 2 warrenty call outs iv done on the WB1B it been due installation error. as for ideal dont get me started. especially as i told an oap the other day her heat ex is knackered and would cost over £300 part alone. least viessmann give ten years on theres.

The Isar? Icos? Response (what a real dog)? Minimizer? All dogs. The Minimizer was a condensing boiler was that was just a pure bad design. It ran at a delta T of 11C, for a condensing boiler, upward firing burner, and just about all was just bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back