Weather Proofing a Sky installation.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just a really quick question :

I had sky installed a few weeks ago, and the engineer didn't install a wall plate covering the hole on the outside of the house. (he did however silicone the hole). I have noticed other installs have a Brown plastic plate approximately 4" sqaure that sits over the hole and the cable, diverting the rain away from the hole.

The questionis.... Where can I get one of these plates from ?.... I have tried Maplins, B&Q, Builders merchants etc and have had no joy.

I just want to install one for my own piece of mind really.

Any help would be fantastic !

Thanks in Advance

Tom

Sponsored Links
Mod 11, whilst this is a duplicated post, it has been posted in different forums.
Many people do this & many people only read certain forums.

They are usually only used when the numpty sky man has hammer drilled right through the wall and blasted half the face off the brick.

They use the plate to hide the damage.

A siliconed up hole is much neater.

Sponsored Links
Really wouldn't worry about not having an exterior cover, the only few times I have seen them used is to hide fascia damage to the brick.

Filling the hole with silicone seems to be the done thing these days, and is pretty damned good at preventing water ingress.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back