Weathershield over old Sadolin on exterior frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched but not found my exact starting point.

Namely, wooden frames with what I believe is Sadolin. I have removed all the flaky stuff and rubbed down the rest to remove any shine. There's a few patches of bare, though the frames are in good condition overall.

She wants Dulux Weathershield satin, so I am wondering the best primer to use: I have bought, but not used yet, Dulux Trade All Purpose Primer (the only light grey one I could find - its to go under a mid green top coat). Will that adhere OK to the non-bare bits (ie the vast majority) or should I just use it on the bare bits, and do two satin coats of the green?

Obviously, its two coats either way, but I just want the longest-lasting finish.

Thanks.

OH, PS: the frame sealant between the windows and the brickwork is brown at present: will the primer and/or satin paint adhere to that, or should I remove it and, once painted, re-apply a clear frame sealant?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back