Weird compression fitting

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm only a DIY'er, so I may be very wrong!
However, I believe those fittings are internal reducers for brass compression fittings.
For instance, if you had a 35mm compression tank connector, like:
35mm-brass-compression-tank-connector-24353500-7183-1-p.jpg
Those parts would then replace the 35mm olive, to allow the 28mm pipe to be clamped inside.
But again, I may be wrong! ;)

I've used similar dropping from 22mm to 15mm. You need a 35mm Something brass compression fitting (tap, straight coupler, elbow, whatever) as well- the reducer allows you to seal your smaller tube into the larger connector.

I'd agree with Grinch, plus a brass olive isn't going to seal against MDPE, The MDPE fittings I've used all have rubber 'O' ring seals, with separate teeth to secure the pipe.

Sponsored Links
That's called an internal reducing set that's used with a 35mm compression straight coupler. Are you going to 28mm copper or is it actually 25mm MDPE?

To use the reducing set - With a hard insert in the 35mm MDPE, that fits into one end of the straight coupler and is tightened. You then have a hard insert in the 25mm MDPE, that then fits into the other end of the coupler that has the reducing set in it and then you tighten that side up. You can use hard olives with MDPE pipe you just need to ensure it has an insert. If it's 28mm copper then obviously no insert needed.

Alternatively you use a 35mm MDPE to 28mm copper reducing adapter.

plasson-copper-adaptor-32mm-x-28mm.jpg

edited for typo

Last edited:
I've not heard of 35mm mdpe before. You sure it isn't 32mm?

If so, and you're going to 28mm copper, I'd recommend a plasson pushfit reducer (mdpe with insert on one side, and copper in the other).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back