weird drainage problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sink isn't draining at all anymore. It was draining abit then i used some cleaning fluid in it and it blocked it completely! Anyway I have a bottle trap and that is clear I also got a 1.8m long metal spring that i have stuck dow the waste pipe and it goes down with out getting stuck except on corners but with some work I cna get it around them. So I assumed the blockage is further along the pipes, but when i put in about about 300-400ml of water the plug whole has filled again. This seems to suggest the water isn't leaving the bottle trap, but it all apears clear.

could there be a blockage further downa dn the air in the pipes is stopping the water going down? I don't know if pressure affects it at all.

Any ideas? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes.
SOmetimes air pressure does funny things like that.

hey Friendly_Ben. Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I currently have the EXACT same problem at home. Its driving me crazy!

Sponsored Links
Mrscooke, you're hijacking a 3 year old thread.I should think its been sorted by now :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back