Welded tools vs. One piece tool

Sponsored Links
I took it out from the shed, and used it this afternoon. It definitely has longer handle than any other spades I have or seen, so it is easier to work with. I don't have to bend my back to dig into soil.

The foot rest is larger platform, so it is also advantageous when stepping on it with foot. Can apply a lot more positive force using the foot rest into the blade.

The blade edge is well sharpened, so it cuts better.

Large plastic D handle is also good, very good to hold.

And the looks, I am not sure, if it looks any better than other brands spades, the D handle is made of bluish plastic, so it gives more toy like feel and modern as well. It is a good spade though, but wouldn't pay what they go for now.

I am glad I managed to get it for £15 including FREE delivery about 6-7 year ago. It's been used a lot, and coating on the blade is coming off, and the blue handle is now discoloured into dark brown, but it is still going strong.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back