Welding Plastic

Absolutely correct. That its why my term "flying fish" was in inverted comas. Strectching the definition of flying slightly

Sponsored Links
won't work anyway..

the water in the U will just drain into the tanks either side..

water will always find it's level..

you may get an inch or so remain in the tube but that's through the vacuum that will be created by the falling water..

considered using those "rodent run" tubes that they have for connecting hamster cages?

ok, I'll give you that one..

just tried it with a glass bottle and a bucket of water..it's quite a vacuum in there though..
wonder if the fish will be able to get out once it swims in?

Sponsored Links
The answer is yes.

I`ve already tried it on a smaller scale with clear polypipe at a height of about 6" above the water level of two tanks. It was a demo for doubters because I got loads of folk insisting the water wouldn`t stop in.

With the "perspex" I`ve obtained I was considering say 2` verticals and a similar distance horizontal.

One drawback I see is negative pressure becomming harmfull to the fish but I suppose if they find it uncomfortable they will not travel, in the example already tried they seemed happy to travel and some were in fact "frequent flyers".

I seem to remember from my schooldays a head of about 33` before a vacuum is created

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back