WELL DONE! Parts Center.

I believe what keyplayer means is that you can't compare like with like, because he's implying that an RGI won't be charged with the same offence as the non-RGI.

Sponsored Links
if any of you lot think that the large suppliers are going to stop selling spares that they make profit on to non rgi's until the law forces them to (ain't gonna happen) then all i can say is your all in cloud cuckoo land :rolleyes:

ccl5.jpg

:?:

Sponsored Links
clf-gas said:
keyplayer said:
clf-gas said:
Perhaps if CORGI pushed for higher sentencing for convicted illegal gas work, that would aid too (shrug) I dont know, but one case illegal gas worker is convicted on two counts, fine received of £600 for both and nearly £300 costs (one or two jobs). If that was you or me then it would of been higher, as were registered. AFAIK.

I'm confused. If you're registered you wouldn't be an illegal gas worker?

Whats confusing, if an RGI goes to court he faces stiffer sentencing than an unregistered. Fines of hundreds of pounds can run to thousands.

I think I see what you mean. Your scenario depends on both being prosecuted for dangerous work. You may be right in the difference in fine amounts, I don't know. And of course the RGI has the professional status at risk as well, so more to lose there. I imagined a scenario where no dangerous work was carried out, just a non RGI carrying out gas work for reward. (and getting caught) Do many RGI's get prosecuted for the former? I would hope not.

Back