Wendy House question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an old Wendy House in the garden from previous owner. Would like to keep it for our little one but it's in need of repair and also quite close to our house and blocks the view. It would be better placed at the back of the garden. I'm wondering what people would do:
1) Try to move the old house to back of garden (might be tricky as probably quite heavy as retaining moisture) and then repaint and repair roof. Not sure by how much that would extend its life span though
2) Tear down, buy a nice new Wendy House and put up at back of garden (more costly option obviously)

Attachments

• IMG_20170319_105640.jpg
    IMG_20170319_105640.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
I don't have kids but isn't the location chosen so that the parent can keep an eye on the kids?

It doesn't look too bad to me. Re roofing may be just a new felt layer although you could use shingles for a more "house" look.

I would see how easy it is to disassemble but also how easy it might be to lift it as one.
A group of mates shifted a friend's garden shed by sliding timbers under the floor and using rope loops over our shoulders just to lift the whole thing . It was a while ago but I think he added a couple of diagonal braces inside for the lift

Cut the felt down the middle so the roofs two halves come apart (your going to re-felt anyway) and then dissmantle it from inside. So long as the screw aren't rusty it should come apart very easily. Then re-assemble on a suitable base in your chosen place using some new screws, paint and re-felt.
Alternatively, do what Tigercubrider suggested and try moving it with some friends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back