Were/are these tiles on shortage? Redland Breckland Brown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I never thought of asking on here about this until now... :rolleyes:

Short: Have any of you heard of a shortage on Redland Double Roman tiles in Breckland Brown?

Long: I had agreed with roofer to have Redland 'Breckland Brown' tiles but at critical point heard that he could only get Breckland Black (or wait unknown time with scaffold up, roof re-felted only and job on hold).
Edit: Need to correct myself here, I was not over a barrel as such- I think the roof was intact at this decision-point.

I was offered a range of alternatives, most of which were miles from original choice. There was a Breckland black that looked most similar so I agreed to have Breckland Black instead.

Overall, they look a almost purple. On the back of the roof, in today's light (one of the first bright and dry days in how long?) there is a section that looks pretty bizzarre. It looks like they have not mixed the batches- there is a repeating streak down about 3 or 4 rows.

I expect you have all dealt with customers that appear to change their minds and not like what they said they like, but I don't think I am entirely guilty of this- I just hope I find that there was a shortage of Breckland Brown....

It might help me like the one's I have.. :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Not sure about them tiles bud but I think there is a shortage in general,it's a struggle to get hold of tiles up north,some times 6 weeks lead time on deliverys to building merchant,don't think Russell,marley and Redlands can keep up on orders :(

It's whats known as a hangover from a recession.

A recession means producers of building mat's wind down production because demand slows. Things are fine at the very beginning of a recession and there is a glut of materials.

However once demand increases, production takes a while to catch up and there is a shortage.

The last 12 months have shown a shortage of even the most ubiquitous of materials i.e. blocks etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back