Redland 49 roof tile redesign ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a Victorian house which many years ago (>30) was re-roofed using Redland 49 tiles.
2 tiles are cracked and I'd like to replace them although there's no obvious sign of a leak.
Greenjackets say "This tile has been improved" (link:
http://www.greenjackets.co.uk/Product/Redland-Interlocking-Tiles/Tile-Int-49-Redland-Antique-Red/498)

Does anyone know if it's OK to use new Redland 49s as replacements or am I better going for Marley Ludlow Plus which we're told (link:
//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/verge-problems-details-for-redland-49s.395308/#post-3044178) is the same.

Fortunately (from my point of view) access to the roof is easy as the house has parapet walls, the roof slopes gently and there's a trapdoor.

Many thanks for any advice (and apologies if the answer is already here but I haven't spotted it).

Sponsored Links
Dunno about redlands being improved but I know Marley Ludlows are flat and redlands are bowed- got to replace some 49's put on my Marley roof, here and there, they don't lay right.

Sponsored Links
Personally I would ask Redland, but the improvements are likely to be surface quality & susceptbility to moss.

Don't be surprised to see a colour difference and your new ones stick out like soar thumbs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back