Wet&Fix Strips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone on the "RawPlugs in Old Walls" thread suggested using Wet&Fix strips, and wanted know how well they worked.

I went out a bought them, and this is what I found.

You can buy 10 discs from Homebase for around £2.50. They are predominantly used when you inset a rawplug in to a hole that is too large. You dip them in water, and squeeze of the excess, before wrapping it round the rawplug and shoving the hole thing in the hole. 5 minutes later the rawplug is set firm in the hole.

I used one of these last night to put up a small shelf, and it worked well. I wouldn't use it for massive holes though, and not sure how much use it is in crumbly walls as I can't imagine it binds a great deal of material together. It seems ideal for situations where the drilled hole is bit too large or damaged, and you simply want to attach a lightweight object to the wall. I can't see it working for anything of any real weight though.

On another note, I bought some Polyester Resin to insert into a couple of drilled holes in the bathroom. Hopefully this will work - but it's pretty expensive stuff!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for telling us,

I sometime use Jetcem (very quick drying cement :!: ) another one to use with rawlplug I suppose.

Jetcem.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back