Fixing D-line Trunking to Internal Brick Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after a bit of advice. I have bought some 50 mm D-line trunking to cover up some wires. The trunking is self adhesive but I think I would like to fit a few screws for a better fit. How would I go about doing this in an easy way. My current plan is:

1. Fit the trunking to the wall using the self adhesive strip.
2. Drill through the trunking while in place through to the wall
3. Fit a red Rawplug (lip would be on the inside of the trunking, rather than on the outside like normal)
4. Fit the screw

I'm just a bit worried about step 3 as the Rawplug lip would be inside the trunking, would this work? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It'll be fine. Personally, I stick the trunking. Zip a few 6mm holes through the trunking and in to the wall. Use red plugs, put a screw in one turn, tap with a hammer and the plug will go through the plastic and into the wall itself.
Round head screws better as countersunk have sharp edges that cables might not like.

Thanks, that's really useful - it's my first time fitting trunking, great tip about the round head screws. What size screw would you recommend?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks, that's really useful - it's my first time fitting trunking, great tip about the flat head screws. What size screw would you recommend?
I do as Taylor writes but I find countersunk screws work well, for a start the hole is a lot bigger than it needs to be for the screw shank so the head is already half way in the hole but then as tightened it tends to bend the area beside the hole to form a countersunk hole, the padded self adhesive tape assists, and the head sits flush.

I got pulled up by a NAPIT assessment for using countersunk screws in back boxes. But usually not a problem fir most cables, IMO.

Thanks, that's all really helpful I'm pretty confident to give this a go now. Looking forward to fitting the trunking!

I got pulled up by a NAPIT assessment for using countersunk screws in back boxes. But usually not a problem fir most cables, IMO.
When I was rewiring council houses in the 80s, the spec was round headed screws, don't recall ever seeing one on site

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back