Wet patches on ceiling/wall - external wall/bungalow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, where our internal wall meets the ceiling (it's an outside wall on our bungalow) we have damp/wet patches right across. The gutters are clear and when I look in the loft I can see a hole in the roof liner above this area so I assume this is my issue but would one hole cause wet patches right along the wall? I plan to remove the tiles but thought I would ask if one hole could do this.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
More likely poor insulation at the perimeter .
Check again in the loft .

A hole in the underlay isn't a big issue unless there is an actual roof problem

Thanks, the outside is rendered up to the fascia boards. When looking from the loft, the view is limited due to the angle it slopes to so we can only see the roof lining and the roof beams.
Thanks again.

Lack of insulation.
Cold spot and the warn air causes damp spots.
To fix.
Tack board along the roof trusses inside loft then pack insulation up against boards. This allows the cold air to rise up in the loft while the insulation is around the edge.

You don't want to block air getting in loft ramming insulation around the edges.

You can Google that

Sponsored Links
Thank you, I think I understand what you are suggesting, is this done just over the room with the damp/wet patches? Also how far up should the boards go?
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back