Wet to Dry eave upgrade.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure that this is a stupid question but when you don't know the answer you must ask.........

I have wet eaves on my garage, which are almost flush (within 20mm overhang) with the face of the gable ends.

Q Is there a dry eave product which simply fixes over the existing?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Yes there is, its made by Elite and also sold under the Harcon name.
You might find some at a local roofing supplier or a couple of places online.
http://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/...y-verge/corovent-dvs-dry-verge-retro-fit.html

As to how good they are ? well have just put a post up asking this point, though thats for a house, for a garage would think they would be fine

That said perhaps try some standard types over your verge as they will cover a 30mm overhang and might fit without having to take out the motar.
Get a sample £2-3 each from your local suppliers, look under roofing / upvc /home improvement supplies.

Thanks ricky101, they look ideal, I will be contacting them later and double checking the specifications Etc.

If they work the way the advert says thats all I need for my garage.

REALLY appreciate the help.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just got a sample standard Manthorpe one and an Elite/Harcon to compare.
Virtually the same size but the Elite has the 70mm depth v the 30 mm of the popular Manthorpe or Klober designs.

The Elite seems a little lighter in construction though suppose it depends on the toughness of the plastic used.

Am just going to check them for fitment against my tiles which are Marley Moderns to see how the Elites can be secured without removing all the mortar etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back