WFO 2840 - blows heating elements.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may be time for a new machine I am not sure. . .

My 12 year old trusty WFO2840 stopped heating water a year or so back and I replaced the heating element in the bottom with a genuine Bosh item.
It worked for a few days without a problem and then started to wash cold again. The new element had failed. I am reluctant to fork out another £80 for one if there is a reason I am unable to detect which is causing this.

For now we run the hot tap and wash everything on 60 degrees - which in effect gives around a 40 degree wash for all items. This has worked for over a year - but can't go on indefinitely.

I wonder if anyone on here as cured the same symptom on the same model and if so how was it done?

Sponsored Links
Why didn't you send the new one back, it sounds as though it was faulty (it does happen even with bosch spares)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back