Whacker plate alternative for shed base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm putting in the base for a new metal yardmaster shed. The base will be 3x4m, I've dug 150mm down and I'm planning on having 100mm type 1 with 50mm slabs beded in cement.

There's no rear access to my garden, accept through the house. As it is, I'm going to have to carry through all the type 1 bucket by bucket. But I don't think I'd be able to get a whacker plate through.

Can anyone suggest a manual alternative to the whacker?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Carrying 2.5 ton of stone though the house in buckets sounds not much fun! Then after that, sand, cement, and heavy slabs.
Maybe there's an easier way of building a shed? Timber?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys... The smaller whacker might be a goer for me! I'll see what I can get locally.

Yea it's a bit of a nightmare taking it through the house! It's about the only option I have though. Luckily the slabs are out back already, removed from an old patio. Got one of the ton bags shifted through yesterday, probably in about 30 runs....day off today to recover haha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back