Whale Gulper waste pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have experience with Whale Gulper waste pumps?
We' ve got one fitted to drain the walk-in shower tray.
When it starts it sounds like an antique Massey Ferguson in dire need of a service.

Last week OH asked the plumber working next door and he said something about it needing to be 'tuned in'.

I can see no method of adjustment. Should there be?

Problem is, it's fitted to an adjoining wall and can be heard in next door's bedroom.

2789_product.jpg

Sponsored Links
Anyone have experience with Whale Gulper waste pumps?
We' ve got one fitted to drain the walk-in shower tray.
When it starts it sounds like an antique Massey Ferguson in dire need of a service.

Last week OH asked the plumber working next door and he said something about it needing to be 'tuned in'.

I can see no method of adjustment. Should there be?

Problem is, it's fitted to an adjoining wall and can be heard in next door's bedroom.

2789_product.jpg
I've just recently changed the head on one of these and no there's not.
If you have it mounted on a stud wall I can imagine I wont be that quiet anyway as it works by a sort of "pump action" plunger against a diaphragm rather than a motor turning an impeller directly

I.jpg[/img]
What - to Radio 2 :idea: Job for Agile - he used to work for the BBC

Some people put the most inappropriate comments sometimes!!!

Planet Rock, please! ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back