What a brilliant result!!!

England kicked the Frogs!!!!!!! Roll on next Saturday. Come on Johnny!!!!!

You cant say that its racist..oh no I forgot, that doesnt count does it. :rolleyes:
How can that be racist they are called frogs because of their supposed liking of frogs legs,calling someone a name from where they were born ie English because they are from England is racist because you have indentified the race of people we are.

So calling someone a 'spade' or a 'rag head' isnt? racist either?...the two are merely references to the phrase 'black as the ace of spades' and the fact that some people from certain races wear turbans...same context surely as 'frogs' for their liking of frogs legs

'Frog' is still classed as derogatory and racist by many..I think you have missed my point though..it just makes me laugh though when some wrds and phrases are deemed ok over others.

I bet a pound to a pinch or snuff that you wouldnt have seen a comment like 'England kicked the spades' though

Just trying to put some balance on it really..

Bloody great win though...beating the soap dodgers!!...oops :rolleyes:

;)

Sponsored Links
oompah said:
How can that be racist they are called frogs because of their supposed liking of frogs legs,calling someone a name from where they were born ie English because they are from England is racist because you have indentified the race of people we are.
So, when you use the term "frogs" in reference to the French, or you using it affectionately, or it supposed to be demeaning? Or neither.
The French call us LE Rosbifs for obvious reasons it doesn't upset me, how about you?

oompah said:
So, when you use the term "frogs" in reference to the French, or you using it affectionately, or it supposed to be demeaning? Or neither.
The French call us LE Rosbifs for obvious reasons it doesn't upset me, how about you?

What does upset me is they dont add "with all the trimmings"

I like me yorkie pud I do

blooody frogs legs

:)

Without answering any question said:
Softus said:
oompah said:
It doesn't upset me. And since you've already stated that it doesn't upset you, then I fail to see the relevance of it.

Getting back to what you wrote, and the inherent ambiguity of your intent, do you have an answer to the question?

To recap: when you call the French "frogs", is it your intention that people interpret that as a term of endearment, or disparagement, or don't you know?

Sponsored Links
Without answering any question said:
Softus said:
oompah said:
It doesn't upset me. And since you've already stated that it doesn't upset you, then I fail to see the relevance of it.

Getting back to what you wrote, and the inherent ambiguity of your intent, do you have an answer to the question?

To recap: when you call the French "frogs", is it your intention that people interpret that as a term of endearment, or disparagement, or don't you know?
To recap i didn,t call the french frogs I was responding to someone who thought it racist to call them frogs.

Irrespective of what we call them it feels DAMN good to trounce them on their home territory ... Almost as good as beating the scots :LOL:

And, in case anyone takes offence, I was actually joking ;)

oompah said:
i didn,t call the french frogs I was responding to someone who thought it racist to call them frogs.
OK then - so when that person used the term, or when anyone uses it, do you think that people who hear it interpret it as an intention to be complimentary, or disparaging, or neither?

And if it's OK to call a French person a "frog", is it OK to call someone (of the appropriate race) a "****er"? If not, then why not?

To put it another way, since we already know that it's widely agreed that it's unacceptable to call anyone a "****er", in what circumstances is it acceptable to call a French person anything other than a name of their own choosing?

oompah said:
i didn,t call the french frogs I was responding to someone who thought it racist to call them frogs.
OK then - so when that person used the term, or when anyone uses it, do you think that people who hear it interpret it as an intention to be complimentary, or disparaging, or neither?

And if it's OK to call a French person a "frog", is it OK to call someone (of the appropriate race) a "****er"? If not, then why not?

To put it another way, since we already know that it's widely agreed that it's unacceptable to call anyone a "****er", in what circumstances is it acceptable to call a French person anything other than a name of their own choosing?
By using the n word are you colour predujused

oompah said:

Ooops thats done it! :rolleyes:

Can't help feeling you're being a bit picky here Softy boy ...

How do you feel about ...

Jock
Taff
Paddy
Scouse

Et al?

Are these really offensive or could it simply be that the World has gone PC up it's own a r s e :LOL:

Can't help feeling you're being a bit picky here Softy boy ...

Jock
Taff
Paddy
Scouse

Et al?

Are these really offensive or could it simply be that the World has gone PC up it's own a r s e :LOL:

Competition time...spot the odd one out..

Irrespective of what we call them it feels DAMN good to trounce them on their home territory ... Almost as good as beating the scots

And, in case anyone takes offence, I was actually joking

You mean you was just being Jocular? :mad:

As I understand it, the Latin word for black is 'niger' so presumably '******' is simply a corruption of that. Seems strange then that non-Caucasian races wish to be called 'black' even if they are only coffee coloured.

I am open to being enlightened.
Perry

I don't understand why the six letter word '******' has been reduced to less asterisks !

Perry

Softus said:
A question, put in at least two different ways

Instead of answering said:
If you're asking me, then the answer is no. If you're accusing me of being colour prejudiced, then you're mistaken.

Either way, you haven't even attempted to answer the question I've repeatedly put to you. If you evaded it deftly I'd say that you were squirming, but I suspect you just don't understand what I'm asking you, in which case we're not talking the same language.

megawatt said:
Can't help feeling you're being a bit picky
I see. So you don't think it's picky that oompah stated his belief that using the term "frogs" was not racists, but you think it's picky of me to ask a simple question to unearth his/her reasons for that belief.

Or is it that you think I'm picky to repeat a question when someone doesn't answer it?

Or do you think I'm picky to repeat a question in a civil manner, and without becoming personally abusive?

Or do you think I'm picky to ask you why you think I'm picky?

Or do you think I'm picky just because I have the ability to read, write, remember the point of what I was writing, and to stick to that point?

Jock
Taff
Paddy
Scouse

Et al?
Does it make any difference how I feel? I haven't said that anything on this topic is either racist or not racist. To get into a debate concerning what I believe and what I "feel about" certains terms is a distraction I'm not interested in getting drawn into.

Ha ha. It must be the way you tell 'em. Did you like Bernard Manning? BTW I'm quite keen on him now that he's gone silent. Or am I not allowed to say that for fear of offending people who think that all dead people are saints?

Sponsored Links
Back