What a day! Combi 'fixed'!

Sponsored Links
if your working on the 12 hour shift system,say hello to Glenn Bradley for us.

when i say working i mean when your attending instead of being on strike. ;)

I've just come off the 12 hr shifts but don't know the chap. Mind you, I'm stuck in outpost better known as B Site...
Anyway, how dare you suggest we drink tea and sit down all day!!! I'd have you for slander..... If it wasn't true.....

he's an uggly muppet completely covered in tattoos,well apart from his pigeon legs. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That's sounds like half the workforce!!! The other half are pot bellied bald headed geriatrics.... I'm not sure which category I fit into??!!

It REALLY ANNOYS ME PEOPLE GOING AROUND CALLING A YEAST BASED SPREAD MARMITE!!! I have spent far more time than is sensible researching the semantic AND entomological route of the word marmite and found out that NO ONE GIVES A FLYING F*CK

I would like to give that lady at no 21 a flying f***k ;)

I like the term "Tradesman", but when I introduce myself at the customers door I introduce myself as Corgigrouch the gasman. I regard engineers as folk who have the ability to design truly wonderful and world class creations, systems and machines.... only for them to cave in when the accountants demand that it is made cheaper and with a shorter lifespan..

I've spent the last two days working on my Worcester 280 combi. The symptoms were hot/cold DHW and occasional tripping out. I replaced the secondary heat exchanger for a plate exchanger (a Worcester upgrade) and put a new expansion vessel in. I fired it up last night and CH was good but had problems with DHW. Within a minute of running the hot water the pressure rose rapidly and the boiler tripped out. I picked it up again today. The diverter valve had a slight seep so I decided to whip it out and check it over. The bottom retaining clip had rusted in so cut a long story short I ended up cutting it out! Picked up a new DV (£100!) and tried to fit it. Bottom retaining clip wouldn't fit . 5 hours later it turned out that the new DV had a faulty plastic centre joint ( a manufacturing fault i'm sure) so I swapped it for the old plastic joint and hey presto...fitted in seconds!!All back together and crossed fingers, working OK! I see why the 'heating engineer' said to replace the combi now but I rarely let anything beat me!!!

Well done you.

Can I ask you what you spent on parts and your time spent on the boiler?
A Worcester 280 is pish easy to repair. Your hardly clever for managing to do it yourself. The EV takes all of 15 minutes. Ill fit any part in 'seconds'.... it may take 1 - 100000 seconds.

David.

EDIT: It took you 2 days! Most RGI's would have that work done in under 2 hours. The DV is under £60. Who ripped you off?

There comes a time in every guys life where he is faced with a boiler so battered, unloved and so rusty that you have to turn to the customer and say that it would be kinder to give it a decent funeral, I know that I have and I have said this without spending much time on it too... Experience has taught us that working on a boiler like this can open a can of worms, fit the part, spend extra time to get things working as they should, slap you with a nice big bill and next week something else breaks and then the attending gas man is the biggest rip off merchant in the world and you would be here telling the world how you got ripped off by a rogue gas fitter. Of course your gas fitter could have been clueless and just wanted to make a sale...

I like the term "engineer" and i like the term "plumber" but which ones best ?, there's only one way to find out : FIGHT

It REALLY ANNOYS ME PEOPLE GOING AROUND CALLING A YEAST BASED SPREAD MARMITE!!! I have spent far more time than is sensible researching the semantic AND entomological route of the word marmite and found out that NO ONE GIVES A FLYING F*CK
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back