What a day! Combi 'fixed'!

I'm a Plumber & Heating Engineer. A time-served proper tradesman, with all the qualification in my trade.

You can have all the bits of paper and letters after your name and still be pizz poor and a crap human being.

It always cracks me up when you see some Plumbers with letters after their name, here in Scotland this is a favorite;
Mr English Whitesettler RIP

What does RIP mean, is he dead?? What a load of ball.x!!!

Sponsored Links
Does RIP stand for Registered Internet Plumber ?

This has got me confused.
I'm a member of the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and heating Engineers. Should I ask them to change their name or get a refund on my subs?

Engineer , technician , combustion engineer , who care's , u can either do the job or not ! one of the few job's in this country were absolutely no qualification's or technical standard's need to be achieved , is a politician ,
u only need to convince enough people to vote for u , Hygene consultant = cleaner , Vision technician= Window cleaner , Chef = Head cook , Doorman = Bouncer , ect ect

Sponsored Links
But to be a politician you need the gift of the gab!

Many of the recent people have been barristers because their skill at public speaking and the ability to express things clearly won their support. That was most obvious with Tony Blair!

Tony G

Well done you.

Can I ask you what you spent on parts and your time spent on the boiler?
A Worcester 280 is pish easy to repair. Your hardly clever for managing to do it yourself. The EV takes all of 15 minutes. Ill fit any part in 'seconds'.... it may take 1 - 100000 seconds.

David.

EDIT: It took you 2 days! Most RGI's would have that work done in under 2 hours. The DV is under £60. Who ripped you off?

wow, I thought this post had died a death!! I paid normal over the counter prices, for someone in the trade buying regular then I'm sure they'd get a good discount!! I don't rush a job, particularly if I've never done it before. The plate exchanger wasn't a direct swap and required some pipework changing. The DV had a rusted lower retaining clip and required careful work to remove. The new DV had a faulty part and required modifying. I guess a plug n play engineer who cares more about time taken than quality of repair would have forced it and ran with the ink still drying on the cheque. My efforts have been fruitful, I have learnt a little in the process and saved cash I reckon. How much would u charge to drain a Ch system, fit a new pressure vessel, plate exchanger and DV bearng in mind the above issues mentioned?
I heard a joke the other day. How many plumbers does it take to a light bulb? .....4.....1 to do the job and 3 to say how much better they'd have done it..... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back