What about having a General election.

So why bother with another ref.
We're talking about a GE here :rolleyes:

PR has its drawbacks too..Witnessing one of them...weak minority government
Different scenario from PR coalitions...

But we've had 'minority governments' for generations, as no party has got 50% of the vote!

Germany seems to have done quite well under PR ;)
(as have the majority of western countries)

Sponsored Links
We're talking about a GE here :rolleyes:

Different scenario from PR coalitions...

But we've had 'minority governments' for generations, as no party has got 50% of the vote!

Germany seems to have done quite well under PR ;)
(as have the majority of western countries)

Hmm, not really, Germany has been politically divided for a long time.

I don't know anyone who voted UKIP, but as the referendum was delivered, UKIP's support collapsed, so my take on it was people generally only supported it on the EU membership issue, I would suggest the vast majority of its supporters were uncomfortable with it's racist undertones.

Many don't grasp that some people are single issue voters and if that means voting BNP/UKIP as a way of bringing that issue forward they will do.

As you said, evident in the way UKIP collapsed after the Ref.

I don't know anyone who voted UKIP, but as the referendum was delivered, UKIP's support collapsed.
Crikey they must be absolutely bouncing off the walls now that Brexit has gone to rat s hit. Be a good time for Frogface to test his popularity by organising a pro Brexit March.
Oh hang on a minute.....

Sponsored Links
Crikey they must be absolutely bouncing off the walls now that Brexit has gone to rat s hit. Be a good time for Frogface to test his popularity by organising a pro Brexit March.
Oh hang on a minute.....

He's just like the rest of them, self serving hypocrite. No time for the jerk.

Hmm, not really, Germany has been politically divided for a long time.
All countries are politically divided...

However their system on the whole overcomes that division that allows their country to thrive whilst others flounder!

We in the UK meanwhile tend to flip flop between differing ideologies, with each one undoing the actions of the previous incumbents!

I don't know anyone who voted UKIP, but as the referendum was delivered, UKIP's support collapsed, so my take on it was people generally only supported it on the EU membership issue, I would suggest the vast majority of its supporters were uncomfortable with it's racist undertones.

Which is why Farage has registered his new Brexit Party with the Electoral Commission. Many of the UKIP supporters returned to their Tory/Labour roots at the 2017 GE as the Brexit referendum had already been won. It will be interesting to see how they change their allegiances again if Brexit is not delivered.
The new Independent Party will also attract a following. Pollsters will need a larger crystal ball next time round.

However their system on the whole overcomes that division that allows their country to thrive whilst others flounder!
Participants in a PR system have a different mindset from the outset, they start out understanding that compromises and solutions must be sought, not dictatorially administered.
It is the very reason that this PM has significantly failed to achieve anything.

Participants in a PR system have a different mindset from the outset, they start out understanding that compromises and solutions must be sought, not dictatorially administered.
What a ridiculous,unfounded,dopy comment.How the hell do you know the mindset of every voting person in the UK in a voting booth!!!

What a ridiculous,unfounded,dopy comment.How the hell do you know the mindset of every voting person in the UK in a voting booth!!!

You mean in the same way that no-one knows what sort of Brexit was wanted by people who voted Leave.

You mean in the same way that no-one knows what sort of Brexit was wanted by people who voted Leave.

JohnD and all of you one trick ponies, lets flip this, we aren't in the EU and Cameron says lets join the EU and the majority vote to join, of them, how many people tomorrow who wanted to join the EU would know and vote for it would be able to give intimate detailed justification and insight ( only gained from years of first being in the EU? ) It would be high level, like the obvious free movement less red tape etc blah blah

The vote wouldn't of been thrown back with a response from MP's no you didn't give the exact criteria how to join, lets have another vote.

So easy to say in hindsight ffs get over it.

Get this i reckon alot of remainers voted remain.. because they just wanted to remain in? Not 'no you haven't given specifics why therefore you are ill guided and misinformed, lets vote again'

And that is the crux of this whole farce, not wanting to pidgeon hole alot of remain voters, but why are you saying 'lets put it to another vote you weren't clear about what you wanted' please...

Last edited:
general election

blimey some choice could be between bufoon johnson & buffoon corbyn for PM :LOL:

buffoon abbot at the home office :LOL:

Buffoon mcdonnel as Chancellor :LOL: buffoon Gardener at trade and industry :LOL: they could not run a welk stall :LOL:

Buffoon Johnson will get buffoon smogg into cabinet :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back