What adhesive to stick a basin to tiled counter top?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've tiled a countertop for a basin and am ready to glue it on, but not sure what the best thing to use is?

The countertop is marble mosaic (50mm x 50mm with 2-3mm grout lines) but the basin is one like this that does not support its own weight:
http://www.fountaindirect.co.uk/pro...aign=froogle&gclid=CJOIrO7D17ECFYmJfAod9j0Aiw

By that I mean on a flat surface it tips forward. So I'm thinking something stronger than silicone. I was thinking a good ring of gripfill, perhaps with a ring of silicone on the edge for waterproofing. Or should I get some two-part epoxy or something?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what size is the base that is in contact with the top and does it rest against back wall?

I have always used silicone but mine have all butted up at the back to the wall.

Sponsored Links
Hi sorry away for few days, haven't done it yet. It doesn't rest on a back wall. The basin is about 550 x 340 in total but the are in contact with the counter top is about 250 x 170mm, so quite a big overhang and mostly at the front. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back