What adhesives for epdm roof ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just ordered a epdm rubber roof and all the trims online for my outbuilding Ive never done one before and know I need some sort of adhesive for the main and one for the edges. Am I right in thinking I need a water based adhesive and a contact adhesive for the edges ?

Sponsored Links
water based adhesive for the main -I actually used it on both roof and epdm -which made it stick better

and I bought a karndean roller to help stick it down

what I did:

laid epdm on roof for a few days before laying to help it relax (a few hours of sun really helps)
vacuumed roof to remove any loose dust, sawdust etc
rolled adhesive on both roof and rubber
used contact adhesive around edge

if you are using screw down edge trims -you wont really need the contact adhesive around the edge.

shopping

Thanks I've been looking at the usual building stores I use wickes,b&q,screwfix I've found contact adhesive but can't seem to find any water based adhesive does this have to be bought from the roof suppliers ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back