What alarm would replace my Scantronic 9448+ but allow me to add wifi connectivity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a simple wired house alarm system, 5 PIRs and a front door. The box needs replacing as the key pad is failing. I'd like a straight replacement with wifi connectivity so that if it activates I can get a notification. What would you recommend please?

Sponsored Links
5 PIRS and the front door. I'm thinking of adding 3 external cameras, 2 rear and 1 front probably separately but am open to advice.

I would keep them separate, but that is your choice.

Just make sure the cameras are correctly specified and installed.

Any plans to expand the system to include a garage or shed?

Sponsored Links
So you could look at a premier Elite 24 and smart com, or a any hard wired panel that has 5 zones available and has a coms module which can be hard wired or wireless, if hard wired you may want a vonets wireless bridge or similar to use wifi.

The question is do you see yourself having sheds or other areas, like driveway covered in the future, in which case consideration maybe to have an Elite 48 instead of a 24 so you can separate the areas out.

Elite 24 has two areas so the house could be Area A and Garage Area B, although you could have them as A and B as they are joined together and then have Area B spare for sheds or the drive.

Price wise, an Elite 64W kit might work out better, the issue here is only 4 hard wired zones, so if you are using the hardwired keypad kit 086, then you could use the 2 zones on the back of the keypad, which would cover your hard wired zones you already have without any extra expense (ie hardwired expander).

The smart com for remote access and that has hard wired and wifi options built in.

As said, I would keep the systems seperate.......

Personally I would go for pyronix Euro46 with digi wifi XA

Hi everyone. Still haven't solved this conundrum and TBQH put off making a decision. But it now needs sorting. I'd like to put a new box in which I can access via my mobile to deal with any activations and if necessary reset it away from home. I will stick with the current hardwire sensors but would like some provision for adding a couple extra and it would be useful to be add additional wireless sensors in the future. If I add any external or internal cameras I will do so separately. In this revised case what would I be better getting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back