What appliance takes 1Kwatt during the night?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just come home (6am) from a run to the airport and decided to do some work. Next to the laptop I have a energy monitor and have just noticed it showing 1.2Kwatts!!

I've gone through the house checking the Iron, Tumble Dryer, Washing machine, coffee machine, etc, to see if something has been left on. There is nothing on apart from the light and laptop where I sit. Its now dropped to ~180watts and thats what I would expect to see unless the fridge was on. Its now back showing 1.2Kwatts, I've just checked the meter and its turning fast, so the energy monitor is working as it should.

I'm trying to think what could be kicking in to take 1Kwatt at 6am? although I have checked everything that I can think would, and nothing is on?

Fridge freezer (just came on, meter reading now 210watts)
Iron
Warm Up drawer
Coffee Machine
TV
Virgin Box
Washing Machine
Dishwasher
Microwave
Oven
Kettle

Could a faulty appliance draw that wattage?

UPDATE: Its 7am and its jumped back up to 1.21KWatts!!!

This has me stumped, I'll see how long it stays on for.

FINAL UPDATE: warm up floor in Bathroom! Doh! Thats what you get for getting up early to take the mother-in-law to the airport. :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back