What are JB4 ports?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy a LED driver for my G4 conversion to LED and saw this from Toolstation.

It states it has Integrated JB4 distributor ports. What are these? Do you buy JB4 connectors that you connect to the wires to plug in? Every time I’ve googled I get information about cars. There is almost nothing Ive found that explains what this means.

Has anyone heard of these and can someone point me in the right direction please?

https://www.toolstation.com/sensio-titan-12v-led-low-profile-driver/p84275

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It states it has Integrated JB4 distributor ports. What are these? Do you buy JB4 connectors that you connect to the wires to plug in? Every time I’ve googled I get information about cars. There is almost nothing Ive found that explains what this means.
Whilst it's true that Googling for "JB4 port" (without the quotes) does, indeed, get hits relating primarily to cars, if you Google for "JB4 port LED" (again, without quotes), you'll get primarily more relevant hits.

Kind Regards, John

A Lot of led stuff now uses small white plug and sockets, i quess thats there official name.
Quess there tricky to fit yourself not even sure you can buy the plugs
drv12-6w-jb4.1511384877.jpg

That’s disappointing as I have a lot of older G4 halogen lights that are all wired on a different connector.

Plan B, using the existing distributer box and see if it can be connected to the Driver somehow.

sorry wrong link. What I meant to post this. It says easy connections but I’m guessing only if your wires have this connection already otherwise it’s not really that easy.

https://www.toolstation.com/sensio-titan-12v-led-low-profile-driver/p84275

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A Lot of led stuff now uses small white plug and sockets, i quess thats there official name.
Quess there tricky to fit yourself not even sure you can buy the plugs
Indeed - here's one with 12 JB4 ports (6 on each side) ..
upload_2021-1-1_22-20-6.png

Like you, I have so far found no plugs, but there are a few leads around , such as ...
upload_2021-1-1_22-25-52.png

Kind Regards, John

Them drivers are proberly sold to be paired with the fittings they sell, theres many drivers with just basic terminals for you to wire in yourself.

Do you have a link to any that can be bought over the counter by any chance?

Yes, 2 core flat 0.75mm² as the 230V input, and the same for the 12V output.

If multiple lights are to be connected to it, a suitable junction box and connectors can be used.
Any existing connector on the light can just be cut off.
G4 lamps can be connected either way, polarity isn't important.

To be honest I don’t know what that lead connects to. I would prefer to bare wire it into a driver so I didn’t need to worry about getting the right connectors.

Do you have a link to any that can be bought over the counter by any chance?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/aurora-12-240v-constant-voltage-led-driver-16w/2107t#_=p

Tooltation proberly do similar.
I assume your lamps are 12 volt just make sure its labelled CONSTANT VOLTAGE 12 VOLT.
look for a removable cover on the end, you will see Flameports is similar.
you can load this up to 15 watt total lamps.
Its unlikely you will get more than 2 wires in the output terminals so if there many lamps, you will need to wire out to a JB as Flameport suggests,
If thats the case you can get the Toolstation sensio ones and cut the JB4 box off
https://www.toolstation.com/sensio-led-driver/p13514
Though looks like Toolstation are phasing them out.
What is the total wattage you need

You mention a Plan B Existing Distribution box, you could likely repurpose this by cutting the input lead and connecting into the driver.
Are you sure that plan B box is not using the same Jb4 plugs you mention :)

Last edited:
I use these where converting smaller lights to LED, .

If I may ask, is there a limit on lead length to the light, as with the old halogen units, I have never seen one labelled as such and wondered why

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back