What are the options to insulate flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I live on the ground floor in one bedroom shared ownership flat electricity only.

Build in 1990, made from bricks with cavity wall which are not insulated.
My first option was, the injections trough small holes however
I spoke to my friend who do external insulation and he do not recommend this type of insulation, as according to him it's not that effective.

What are my other options for wall and ceiling ? And what cost I'll be looking at, any recommendations?

Second questions, would it be possible to get insulations grand if I live in shared ownership property

Thank you

Sponsored Links
morfinel, good evening.

This is not by any way a "definitive" answer, I live in a different country, Scotland.

I would suggest that given the "Headlong dive" that has been promoted by a government trying to appear "green" that somewhere there will be a "scheme" that you can latch on to.

The Power suppliers who are funding these schemes will simply raise their tariffs to everyone to balance the books. Hey-Ho I see another energy price hike come the Spring.

Have a scratch around on the NET, say Energy Saving Trust, your own utility provider, they all appear to be trying to get us signed up for one "scheme" or another, loft insulation, Cavity wall, Solar panels, these odd ball panels that produce electricity, but you do not "own the power produced? ? ?

Even new C/Heating boilers if you Qualify?

As for your situation, of Shared ownership, I do not see that as a hindrance, the bottom line is that the property and its up-grade to a greener status is what counts.

Ken

What is your reason for wanting to insulate? Is the flat too cold/hard to keep warm? Or is it to try and reduce energy bills? Or just because you think you should if you can or there is a grant? How many walls are "external walls" in your flat?

Basically is there a specific issue or problem that is prompting you to insulate?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back