What are these components

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG20230507111013.jpg
IMG20230507111039.jpg

Moved into a new place that has a system Boiler. Can some one pls tell what are the white electrical boxes for?

Need to fit in a nest thermostat on this. I think it will go in the top most White box but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The box at the top RH of your picture is a receiver for a Hive thermostat, why would you want to change that for a nest ? they do exactly the same thing

The box at the top RH of your picture is a receiver for a Hive thermostat,
Looks a bit like a Honeywell BDR91 to me?
So may just be a wireless thermostat for the C/H.
Could the Nest replace the RWB29 for full system control?

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Agree with @RandomGrinch, looks like BDR91 (Honeywell) receiver in top left (as I’m looking at it), 2 channel programmer (Siemens) and you have a blanking plate and Honeywell wiring center. For Nest, would need changing at the programmer, or new wiring at the Center. You might need to use the usb lead for the Nest thermostat though, or run a 2 core cable, a Hive wouldn’t as they’re AA battery operated.

Thanks for your response. So you suggest that I need to fit the nest box replacing this?
IMG_20230508_083642.jpg

I think people are getting really confused and offering bad advice here.

The item “top right” and the one highlighted in the red circle is not a receiver for a wireless thermostat. It’s a Siemens RWB29 two channel programmer.

The receiver for a thermostat is top left of the first image.

If you’re wanting to fit a nest heatlink and thermostat, the heatlink would go in place of the RWB29 and the wiring from the existing thermostat receiver would need to be reconfigured to accept the nest thermostat or removed and thermostat 12v fed out from the heat link to the base plate of the thermostat.

Last edited:
The confusion I’m referring to is people saying the top RH item is a wireless receiver for Hive.

The confusion I’m referring to is people saying the top RH item is a wireless receiver for Hive.
Both myself and @RandomGrinch stated otherwise, so one comment from one poster doesn’t represent people.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back