What are you paying for copper tube?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is copper tube costing you at the moment.
Bought 300 metres of 15mm yesterday (20/11/08 ) for 97p / metre.

Is that reasonable?

Sponsored Links
97p fek for copper memories memories

Plumb centre currently 117p for 15 and 234p for 22 before vat

BQ selling bundle of 22 for 68 quid which is 192p before vat , not bad

Seco services
Mine was a from a well known merchant in Nottingham.
Also quoted 99p / metre locally.
Dont forget its a buyers market.

Sponsored Links
Now that the backside has fallen out of scrap prices the price at our end should drop a bit. And as a bit of a gripe while I'm at it, why should B&Q or Screwfix be the cheaper than the merchants & not just by a few pence per meter? I don't think anyone's told Plumbcenter the *r*e has dropped out of the market.

My thoughts on it are they are conning us all by saying look at how pipe is coming down in price, but what about rads they have not dropped at all yet or the price of cylinders , fittings etc.

TBH, not fitted a cylinder for a while so I've not noticed the prices of them, but same again with the rads, B&Q & Screwfix are cheaper by along way only thing is they only go up to 1200mm length.

Fittings NEVER come down in price. Nor do they change price every other day like tube does.
If items like rads, cylinders, etc get cheaper, it wont be by much.
It will just be the merchant reducing their price a little to try and get a sale.
After xmas, I dont think you'll struggle to find a parking space in your local merchants car park for a month or two!!!

97p fek for copper memories memories

Plumb centre currently 117p for 15 and 234p for 22 before vat

BQ selling bundle of 22 for 68 quid which is 192p before vat , not bad
Yes and im my local PTS last week they were still quoting 2.93p+vat for 22mm. Guess who is getting my money for copper atm. Of course they are saying that they buy it when price is X and have to sell for X+Y. Sure, but they must be shifting 10 times the quantity that B&Q is. Its just profiteering as not many will bother to shop around. Rather like petrol prices....

We are still as busy as previous years not had any slow down at all yet and most of the guys are the same.

Grahams are doing Black Label at £1.15/m for any quantity, 99p/m if you buy six or more bundles (although I've negotiated that down to four at my local branch) and 95p/m if you buy 10 or more bundles

Shop around the price you want is out there.

Keep copper alive and burn the plastic

You guys seem to get it pretty cheap...

I pay around £6 for 3m of 15mm & £11 for 3m of 22mm...

That's if bought seperately & after VAT.

It's from a local small building shop that sell near enough everything for all trades.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back